We have a lot of experience helping people who are victims of black magic and jinn interference. We ourselves have been victims of black magic. Like most raaqis (exorcists), we used to perform ruqyah directly on our patients. We still do that but we also do remote ruqyah using a jinn catcher. There are pros and cons to both methods but they both work. We have found that the jinn catching method is quicker to get the jinn to talk which then allows us to communicate and exorcise the jinn. The direct method, unfortunately, is time-consuming. When our patients would not react during direct ruqyah sessions, we, like most raaqis, assumed they were clean and free of black magic and jinn interference. We later found out that our diagnosis was wrong and we discovered that we could more accurately and quickly diagnose patients using a “jinn catcher” as a medium. This method still falls under ruqyah shar’iyyah and is completely halal. We have our own dedicated jinn catcher who we have used extensively with great success.
- Ruqyah / Exorcism
Islamic invocations to exorcise jinn and cure someone of black magic and the evil eye.
- Raaqi / Healer / Exorcist
The person who performs the treatment to remove black magic and jinn. Raaqi is Arabic for the person who performs ruqyah.
- Patient / Victim
The person (human) suffering from affects of black magic and jinn possession.
- Jinn / Genie / Devil / Spirit / Demon
Jinn is an invisible creature made of smokeless fire. Unlike angels which must obey God (Allah), jinn are similar to humans and have free will to do bad or good. There are different categories of jinn and some are more evil than others. The devil (Iblis) is a jinn.
- Jinn Catcher
A person (human) who has been cured of jinn possession and whose body is “open” to catching jinn.
- Zamzam Water
A special kind of water from a well in Mecca near the Kaaba. It is freely available at the two mosques (Masjid Al Haram) in Mecca and Medina.
- Holy Water
Regular water or Zamzam water over which Quranic verses have been recited.
Jinn catching is a relatively new method for curing patients. It’s very effective but requires a third person – a jinn catcher. If other treatment methods do not work, jinn catching can be used as a last resort. Or, if you have a jinn catcher readily available, you can just use the jinn catching method described here. When a jinn possesses a human, they control, partially or completely, the human. Conversely, when a human jinn catcher catches a jinn, the human controls the jinn. The jinn is stuck in the human’s body and rarely can escape without permission from the catcher and the healer. Sometimes the catcher is conscious of what’s happening during the catching session. Other times, e.g. when the jinn is a shaytaan (devil), the catcher may not know what’s happening. If the catcher is conscious and recites the Quran in their mind, the jinn burns. The jinn will feel very uncomfortable in the catcher’s body and beg to leave. Jinn catching is often done when direct ruqyah against a patient doesn’t work, e.g. when the jinn inside the patient doesn’t want to talk. With jinn catching, the jinn will be summoned and forced from the body of the patient to the body of the catcher. The jinn will be so uncomfortable and feel that they are being burned that the jinn will be forced to talk. At that time, the healer can communicate with the jinn and cure the patient.
Sometimes, after removing the jinn from the patient, the patient may feel better for a while. But, the magician may find out that the patient was cured and renew the black magic and send more jinn to the patient. This can go on and on without end which is clearly unacceptable. In this situation, it is possible to do the following, inshaAllah.
- Catch the magician’s jinn
Magicians use jinn to do their magic. In this case, we have the intention to catch the magician’s jinn and after catching them in the jinn catcher, we talk to them and have them leave. The magician will find out that he has no more jinn to work for him. Hopefully it will not be easy for magician’s to get new jinn.
- Catch the magician
After removing the magician’s jinn, the magician may hire someone else to do black magic on the patient. In this case, we make the intention to catch the magician him/herself and use the jinn catcher to catch the magician and have it stop doing black magic or asking others to do magic on his/her behalf.
Jinn Catcher Conditions
In order for a human to be a jinn catcher, they must meet the following conditions:
- Been possessed by a jinn
- During the ruqyah (exorcism) session, the jinn in their body spoke verbally
- Be cured from any black magic or jinn
The second condition – that the jinn spoke during the treatment – is necessary since this will allow jinn caught by the jinn catcher to talk as well.
Quran-Recited Holy Water
In order to cure a patient, you will often need water over which you have recited certain verses of the Quran. Water over which the Quran has been recited becomes holy water. It can be used to burn evil jinn and destroy black magic. To create holy water, perform the following steps using either regular or Zamzam water.
- Get some water
Water from a faucet or mineral water in plastic bottles or jugs will work. Ideally, use Zamzam water.
- Place the water open in front of you
If the water is in bottle or jugs, open the bottles or jugs.
- Recite verses
Sitting in front of the water, recited the following verses. After each verse, blow on the water.
- Fatiha (1) 11 times.
- The Cow (2), verses 1-3, 2 times.
- The Cow (2), verse 102 until kafaru, 7 times.
- The Cow (2), verse 163, 3 times
- The Cow (2), verse 255, 11 times,
- The family of Imrân (3), verse 26, 3 times
- Al-A’râf (7), verse 54 till Hatitâ, 3 times,
- Al-A’râf (7), verses 117-122, 11 times,
- Yûnus (10), verses 81-82, 11 times,
- Tâ-Hâ (20), verses 68-70, 7 times,
- The Believers (23), verses 97 and 98, 7 times.
- The Believers (23), verses 115-116, 7 times
- The Winnowing Winds (51), verse 56, 7 times,
- Drawn in ranks (37), verses 1-7, 11 times,
- Ornaments (43), verse 1, 11 times,
Note: The letters “Ha Mim” take the meaning of “Hamim”, one of the names of hell. They should be read slowly by pulling the Mim.
- The smoke (44), verse 48 from «Subbu», 11 times
- The exile (59), verse 21, 2 times,
- The djinns (72), verses 1-8, 7 times,
- Sincerity (112), 7 times,
- The Daybreak (113), 7 times,
- Mankind (114), 7 times,
You may also read the following verses. They are verses encompassing “lâ ilâha illâ huwa”.
- The family of Imrân (3) verses 2, 6 and 18,
- The women (4) verse 87
- Cattle (6), verses 102 and 106
- Al-A’raf (7), verse 158
- Repentance (9), verses 31 and 129
- Hûd (11), verse 14,
- The Thunder (13), verse 30,
- Tâ-Hâ (20), verses 8 and 98,
- The Believers (23), verse 116,
- The ants (27), verse 26,
- The Story (28), verse 70 and 88,
- The Creator (35) verse 3,
- The Troops (39), verse 6,
- The Forgiver (40), verse 3, 62 and 65,
- The Smoke (44), verse 8
- Smoke (59), verse 22-24
- Haggling (64), verse 13
- Bundled Up (73) verse 9
You can also add the following verses for jinn:
- Al-Ahqâf (46), verses 29-32, 3 times,
- The Mercy Giving (55), verses 33-35, 11 times,
- Qâf (50), verse 19, 11 times
This list is not exhaustive. You can add other verses you find relevant as well,
- Place water in a spray bottle
To facilitate burning jinn and destroying black magic, place some of the holy water in a spray bottle.
Jinn Catching vs Direct Ruqyah
Level of Faith and Spirituality of the Patient
Level of Faith and Spirituality of the Exorcist
One factor in the effectiveness of a ruqyah session is the exorcist’s closeness to Allah. For example, to destroy some black magic, the exorcist must recite certain verses of the Quran. If the exorcist is close to Allah, he need only recite the verses 3 times. If he’s not close, he may have to recite many, many times. One way to become close to Allah is by reciting adhkaar (many dhikr) daily, e.g. 100 to 1000 times or more a day. Some good verses to recite are:
- Surat Al-Falaq
- Surat Al-Naas
- Ayat Al-Kursi
Ruqyah with Jinn Catching Process
For step-by-step instructions, visit www.ruqyahverses.com.
No Physical Reaction When Doing Ruqyah
Many people who do ruqyah on a patient don’t notice any obvious reactions from the patient. Because of this, they sometimes prematurely misdiagnose the patients as not being possessed. If the symptoms of black magic are clear, e.g. sudden change of behavior, streak of bad luck, etc, then one common explanation of there not being an obvious reaction from a patient during ruqyah is that the jinn are very stubborn. In this case, the exorcist must keep doing ruqyah non-stop for an extended period of time or every day to make the jinn tired and give up. When the jinn hears the Quranic ruqyah verses, they feel very uncomfortable and hot. Stubborn jinn try to withstand the discomfort and pain hoping the exorcist will get tired and end the ruqyah session. Another strategy is to have the victim listen to Surat Al-baqarah, e.g. by Abdul Basit Abdul Samad, every night using headphones and/or right before a ruqyah session. The jinn will either be burned or become exhausted and decide to talk when you do ruqyah.
Helping Someone Become Aware That They or Someone They Know are Affected by Black Magic
- Get pictures of the victim or the people around him, e.g. family members, who you know are being blocked from becoming suspicious and write each one’s name on each one’s picture.
- Lay each picture down side by side
- Recite Surat Al-Faatihah 1000x while the victim (or the people around him) are sleeping, e.g. at night, every day for 3 to 7 days.
- While reciting, press two fingers, one each, on each of their eyes, taking turns from one picture to another. Or, using your hand, make the motion as if you are pulling air or smoke from their faces / bodies.
To be effective, this should be done only by people who are close to the victim and who know the situation very well.